BenBlogs...Stuff

Thursday, October 19, 2006

The perfect October activity

Ahhh, the perfect October activity--donating blood. Although it's not Halloween yet (and I don't mean to make light of giving blood), it is October and people are beginning to think about ghouls and ghosts and werewolves and vampires. And being October--the month of Halloween--my company decided to do a blood drive (I think they did actually pick Oct. because of Halloween). I donated for the first time. It's a nice feeling knowing that you may be able to help save a life.

Now, back to the actual donation of the blood. Having followed one Dr.'s advice for many years, I have never given blood before, and due to the prompting of a current Dr., I decided to give it a shot. I did very well with the donation and for the rest of the evening--a little light-headed for a while, but no passing out. However, I have discovered that my body doesn't like for me to give away my blood--hence I am at home in the middle of the afternoon the next day resting (still, not passing out though). I'm sure it could have been avoided if, for instance, I had followed the directions given me and drank more water than normal and possibly not gone back to my "bat-out-of-hell" work ethic the very next day (that's a Halloween reference, btw). At least now I can return the Battlestar Gallactica DVD to Netflix that I have been hoarding for a month. Well, back to bed. Why does the floor seem to be getting closer......just kidding.

1 Comments:

  • Glad you survived, son! Your Dad would be proud of you. Of course, I am too. Luv u...mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home